The VSO ICS programme is currently recruiting for two field based job positions – ICS Youth Project Coordinators based in Stueng Treng and Ratanakiri. The selected candidates to start date mid-October and the contracts will be 1 year in duration.
Location: 1 position based in Stung Treng, 1 position in Ratanakiri (with 20% travel to VSOC office in Phnom Penh)
Contract type: Fixed term 12 month contracts with possible extension (National Terms and Conditions)
Salary & Benefits: US$813 basic salary per month plus attractive benefits package i.e. pension contributions, medical cover for staff, medical allowance for staff with dependants, 35 annual leave days including public holidays.
Closing date: Sunday 14 September, 2014
Interview date: Wednesday 20 September, 2014
Introduction to VSO
VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place. Through our volunteers, we harness the talents, enthusiasm and skills of ordinary people to bring about lasting change.
International Citizen Service (ICS) is a 12 week volunteering programme for 18-29 year olds. A group of 8-10 young people from the UK will join a group of up 8-10 young people from Cambodia, to live, learn and volunteer together on community based development projects. Through living and working alongside communities, ICS volunteers gain firsthand knowledge and experience of good practice in development work and are in turn able to make practical and meaningful contributions to the communities in which they volunteer. They return to their home communities motivated to play a part in local and global action. Each team of volunteers is supported by a Project Coordinator and two team leaders from the UK and Cambodia.
The role: With significant experience of working with young people in an international development with significant experience of working with young people in an international development context, the VSO ICS Project Coordinator will be responsible for the management of an ICS Project, supervision of volunteer team leaders and support a team of national and international volunteers.
Main responsibilities are:
- Raise VSO’s profile and manage mutually beneficial partnerships for ICS implementation.
- Provide support and input for the strategic development and delivery of high quality ICS projects, lead on stakeholder engagement and communications.
- Oversee project implementation and ensure that annual targets for delivery and quality standards are established and met
- Work to maximise volunteer learning and development impact in line with VSO Cambodia country strategic plan and ICS minimum standards
- Manage the community and partnership development for the ICS project.
- Provide volunteer training, support and supervision
- Manage and support the volunteer journey, learning, safety, security and emergencies management
- Manage the project budget, reporting, monitoring and evaluation
We are looking for an individual who possesses the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience of working with and providing support to 18-25 year olds from a wide range of backgrounds with proven ability to facilitate learning in a non-formal environment
- Understanding and experience of working on youth development issues in Cambodia.
- Direct and substantial experience of working cross-culturally and able to communicate to a range of audiences and promote sharing and learning between cultures
- Knowledge of issues which are common to communities in developing countries, possibly achieved through working or living in a developing country. Experience of promoting learning about development issues.
- Possession of strong verbal and written communication skills in both English and Khmer to work effectively and inclusively with international volunteers and staff. Strong written communication skills needed for writing reports.
- Experience working in a supervisory capacity – work with volunteers to make volunteer placements viable, effective and rewarding and maximize volunteer learning
- Able to develop clear and realistic plans to deliver agreed objectives within deadlines, involving key individuals in the planning process.
- Excellent understanding of project cycle management tools to ensure effective planning, resourcing, implementation and review of programmes and experience of organisational assessment, planning and review tools and processes.
- Experience of managing budgets and undertaking accounting procedures
- Able to travel – able to travel and work flexible hours, including work away from the home base for up to 80% of time, and some weekend and evening work.
- Previous experience of volunteering and/or working with volunteers
- Experience of designing and evaluating projects. Experience of using monitoring and evaluation tools and processes.
How to apply
To find out more details and apply, please visit our website http://www.vsointernational.org/vso-today/careers-at-vso/ using the vacancy search function to find for the employee position and complete the online application form or click a link below:
Before you apply, please download and read the job description for full details of the roles and person specification and application guidelines available on our website.
If you have any problems accessing the above link, please contact Mr. Khin Veasna on his email below:
VSO is committed to a policy of equal opportunities, values inclusion and seeks to have a diverse workforce.
Applications are welcome from people of all origins, age, religions, gender, ethnicities, sexual orientation and disability. Every application will be reviewed against the above requirement with the position only.
Due to a high volume of applications, only short listed candidates will be contacted.