Australian Volunteers International is looking for a Project Officer to work in their Phnom Penh, Cambodia office. The position is full-time with a 5 month contract starting on the 1st November 2014. This position is open to all nationalities – Cambodian, Australian and others.
- to provide responsive, high quality, program coordination and administrative services to support the operational objectives, risk management and quality compliance of the PACE International Cambodia Program.
- To implement a trial in-country model of PACE International Program delivery, and monitor, analysis and document the trial model and report on and recommend action as appropriate.
- Determining an appropriate course of action within established policies, systems and processes, including how and when to source advice to address volunteer issues and problems, escalating as appropriate.
- Monitor and analyze issues/trends impacting the trial model of program delivery and recommend action as appropriate.
- Coordinating and implementing activities that ensure successful project implementation.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Relevant formal tertiary qualifications (eg. Social Science, International Development, International Relations etc.) or relevant, equivalent experience, in a similar position/s, including working with Development Partners and NGOs (experience living and/or working in a developing community preferred)
- Project coordination experience in the full project life cycle – including project design, implementation, budgeting, project documentation and administration (including development and implementation of tools and cross-organizational procedures) and evaluation
- Experience working with youth programs and/or managing volunteers, and facilitating cross-cultural learning and development
- Understanding and commitment to AVI’s vision and values, Equal Opportunity, Child Protection and privacy principles
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the capacity to maintain open and constructive communications with a wide range of stakeholders in an international context.
- Proven people management skills, coupled with an empathic approach and the ability to effectively and efficiently respond to a diverse range of people issues.
- Proven administrative skills, including competency and accuracy in word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation packages.
- Proven initiative, flexibility and ability to work conceptually
- Good analytical skills, strong judgment and decision making skills
Please fill out the attached documents and send them to: email@example.com.
Deadline for application is 5pm Friday September 12th 2014.