Youth Star Cambodia is a dynamic Cambodian NGO whose aim is to give young people an opportunity to develop their civic leadership skills by working as volunteers in underserved rural areas of Cambodia. Youth Star Cambodia’s aim is to build a just and peaceful nation through citizen service, civic leadership, and social entrepreneurship.
We are seeking skilled and experienced applicants to fill the Program Officer positions. The program officer will be involved in:
(a) Recruitment and training of volunteers
(b) Assessment of community placements
(c) Volunteer support and project management
(d) Promotion of volunteerism and good citizenship.
Applicants must be willing to work flexible hours. The positions are based in Phnom Penh with extensive travel to the provinces. Previous volunteer experience is valued.
Essential requirements include:
- Three to five years relevant project management experience in any of the following sectors: agriculture development, education & youth development, or decentralization.
- A sound understanding of gender and gender based violence
- Extensive experience of mentoring and supervision
- At least two years experience of training delivery
- Strong planning & organisational skills
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Demonstrated experience and ability in report writing
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in Khmer and English.
Closing date: Friday 4th April, 2014 (Short list decisions will be made by Wednesday 9th April 2014).
Full job description, person specification and application forms for this position can be downloaded from our website via this link: http://youthstarcambodia.org/en/news-a-announcements/job-opportunity.html or can be collected from our Youth Star office (address below). Please complete the application form and either email it to Sothearom@youthstarcambodia.org or drop it in to our receptionist at our head office before the deadline.
Please note that CVs are not accepted, only completed Youth Star application forms will be considered and no documents will be returned.
If you have any questions about our application process or about the role then please get in touch using the contact details below.
Youth Star Cambodia, Phnom: Address: #17AE, Street 598, Boeung Kak II, Toul Kork, Phnom Penh
Tel: +855 23 884 135/360 Fax: +855 23 883 491